Dani Dodge is an installation artist who creates immersive, interactive environments. A former journalist and war correspondent, her work is inspired by time on the battlefield and explores the wars we wage within ourselves.
Her current work examines the longing for permanence in an impermanent world.
At the heart of Dodge’s installations are mixed media paintings that can range in size from a postage stamp to a living room. Although Dodge approaches each installation with the intent of resolving a personal preoccupation, those who participate in the work find within it their own stories. She also creates mixed media paintings that stand alone.
Dodge lives in Los Angeles, Calif.
She is representated by Pimento Fine Art in San Diego. She is an artist member of the Los Angeles Art Association.
- San Diego International Airport, “Natural Blonde," installation in Gallery 22. Part of "Myth of the West" exhibits throughout airport. February 2013-February 2014.
- SDAI: Museum of the Living Artist, installation "You Always Sleep Alone,” (San Diego), December 2012 - January 2013
- Pimento Fine Art, "Picking Up the Pieces" (San Diego), October 2012 - January 2013
- Art San Diego/Contemporary Art Fair, curated solo booth, September 2012
- L Street Fine Art, “Pressing Pause” (San Diego) May-August 2012
- Pimento Fine Art, “Poetry in Three Languages,” September-December 2011
- Pimento Fine Art, “Defying Gravity,” June 2011
- Pimento Fine Art, “Graffiti Pink Paris,” November-December 2010
- Pimento Fine Art, “Stories without Words,” August-October 2010
- The Perfect Frame, “New York Rhythm” (Carlsbad, Calif.) March-April 2008
Selected juried group shows
- SDAI: Museum of the Living Artist Southern California Awards Exhibition (San Diego) 2012
- SDAI: Museum of the Living Artist International Show, 2011
- Coos Art Museum, “Expressions West” (Coos Bay, Ore.) 2012, 2011
- San Diego Watercolor Society International Show, 2010, 2008
- California Watercolor Association National Exhibition (San Francisco) 2009
- Society of Watercolor Artists Juried Art Exhibition (Fort Worth, Texas) 2009
- Long Beach Arts, Works on Paper Exhibition (honorable mention) (Long Beach, Calif.) 2008
- Palm Springs Art Museum Artist Council National Juried Exhibition (Palm Springs, Calif.) 2007
- Juror’s Choice, SDAI: Museum of the Living Artist, regional show, March 2012
- Showcase Winner in ArtSlant 6th 2011 Showcase, painting category (online art network) 2011
- Best of Show, Bonita Museum and Cultural Center's annual juried fine art exhibit (Bonita, Calif.) 2009
- 1st (and juror’s commendation), "'Top 100' including One-Foot Show" (San Diego) 2010
- 1st (and 2nd), mixed media, Fallbrook Art Association Open Show (Fallbrook, Calif.) 2010
- 1st place, San Diego Watercolor Society cash awards show, 2008
- 1st place, mixed media, Carlsbad-Oceanside Art League, annual open show (Carlsbad, Calif.) 2008
- 1st place, The Studio of Art and Design, watermedia open show (Solana Beach, Calif.) 2007
- Featured Artist, Mission Federal ArtWalk, San Diego, 2010
- People's Choice Award, San Diego County Fair Fine Art Exhibition, 2009
Selected group shows
- CCAA Museum of Art, "8 X 10" (Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) July-August 2012
- L Street Fine Art, "Degrees of Departure," January-February 2012
- Manzanar Interpretive Center, “Henry Fukuhara Workshop Group traveling show” (Lone Pine, Calif.) 2011, 2010, 2009
- Thousand Oaks Community Center, “Five Artists” (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) August 2010
- Bard Hall Gallery, “Dani Dodge, Kathy Ostman-Magnusen & Marilyn Szabo” (San Diego) June 2010
- Climate/Gallery (Long Island City, New York) “Putting it All Together” February 2010, “Paint!” November 2009
Representation in San Diego County
Pimento Fine Art, 350 W. Ash St, Suite 103, San Diego 92101, 619-955-5285